Here you will find all the information you need to connect and grow your home-run business
It’s simple to start a business from home and growing numbers of people are doing it. There are 2.9m home-based businesses in the UK and they contribute £300 billion to the economy.
There are over 5000 people estimated to be running a business from home in Merton offering a whole range of specialist services. With no daily commute and being in charge of your own business, self employment or being an owner/manager can be highly rewarding. The flip side is that you can feel isolated – with no-one on hand to bounce your ideas with or just have chat to help you get through the day! You may have great plans to grow your business, but don’t know where to turn to when looking for property or setting out your business goals and annual targets.
That’s where we come in! Here’s how we can help:
- Attend one of our business to business networking events – meet new business partners and prospective customers
- Apply for the Merton Best Business Awards and raise your business profile.
- Join our database to receive up to date and relevant news for building your business
- Become a member and have immediate access to a local network of experts to help you – covering areas such as premises, finance, human resources and much more
Here are some fascinating facts about home based businesses:
- 79% are over the age of 45
- Only 8% are run by someone under the age of 35
- 12% are in the IT and telecommunications sector
- 60% hold at least a first class degree
- Most are running a business out of choice, not as a last resort
- Approximately 15% home-run businesses are run by 'side-hustlers' (people running a business on top of a day job). According to CEBR report carried out on behalf of GoDaddy, these 'side-hustlers' see their business as a way of life and not work.
Source: Heart of Britain Report