Plans for a new rooftop restaurant/bar/cinema
Hermes Property Unit Trust are the owners and developers of high quality commercial, retail and leisure space.
They have applied for planning permission to construct a new rooftop restaurant and bar, outdoor cinema and refurbished shopfronts at 17-27 The Broadway. There is also a separate application to redevelop 12 Hartfield Road into new high-quality office space with two restaurants on the ground and first floors.
The proposals will provide numerous benefits to Wimbledon Town Centre. These are:
- The rooftop bar/restaurant and outdoor cinema will provide a new destination for people to socialize, watch films in a fantastic venue and enjoy a wide food offering.
- The restaurant concept will be a food market which updates its offering periodically to encourage new visitors and repeat business.
- The short leases in the food market will help young chefs/restauranteurs starting out in the industry, to test a business idea. It will also help them to gain experience and will help them in setting up a new permanent business, possibly in Wimbledon.
- Help sustain the High Street in Wimbledon Town Centre, by providing increased visitors, benefitting other businesses.
- The development will bring around 30 jobs to Wimbledon, both part and full time.
The new offices at 12 Hartfield Road will provide much needed new Grade A office space for Wimbledon, where there is a large shortfall and there is considerable demand.
- A new, pleasanter frontage on Hartfield Road, there will be two ground floor restaurants and tree lined frontage creating a pleasant public space for residents to enjoy.
Find out more at www.plansforthebroadway.com
Contact details if you would like to give feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org - 0800 955 1042