Merton Council: Latest updates on support grants
The ‘Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum’ supports businesses that have been required to close or adapt due to the national restrictions between 5 November and 2 December 2020.
Eligible businesses may be entitled to a grant for each 28 day period under national restrictions.
Grants will be based on the rateable value of the property as at 5 November 2020.
The grant amounts for each 28 day period under national restrictions are as follows:
- If your business is eligible and has a property with a rateable value of
- £15,000 or less, you will receive a one-off cash grant of £1,334
- over £15,000 but less than £51,000, you will receive a one-off cash grant of £2,000
- £51,000 and above, you will receive a one-off cash grant of £3,000
Grant income is taxable. The Local Restrictions Support Grant will need to be included as income in the tax return of the business.
Your business may be eligible for a grant from Merton Council if it:
- occupies property in Merton on which it pays business rates, and
- was open and trading on 4 November 2020, and
- has been required to close* for at least 4 weeks because of the national lockdown
>> click here to find out more.
For a full listing about grants available from Merton Council to businesses affected by coronavirus restrictions.