Business Support Helpline
Business Support Helpline
The government’s dedicated business support helpline has switched to a new FREEPHONE number to provide further business support. It can now be accessed on: 0800 998 1098 Monday to Friday, 9amto 6pm. You can also contact them by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for May payments on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
Business are advised that to receive a ‘furlough’ payment by the end of May, they need to apply by Wednesday 20 May. Online guidance has recently been updated with:
• more information for furloughed employees
• the work furloughed company directors can undertake
• what time periods you can claim for
• more detail on non-discretionary payments, holiday pay and record keeping.
Guidance for employees, employers and businesses in providing advice about COVID-19
Homes England coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
This page has the latest information about Homes England’s response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
Safe opening of recycling centres
The government has published new guidance on how recycling centres can be safely re-opened during the coronavirus outbreak
Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can’t do
Frequently asked questions on what you can and can’t do during the coronavirus outbreak have been updated.
GOVERNMENT BUSINESS SUPPORT WEBINARS
The government is committed to doing whatever it takes to support businesses and individuals through the coronavirus pandemic and HMRC has a range of online support for you.
Find out if you can use the Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme, or how to make a claim on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, by joining one of the following live webinars. They're interactive giving you the opportunity to ask questions using the on-screen text box. There are a limited number of spaces, so save your place now.
• Coronavirus COVID-19 Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme: Providing an overview of the scheme, this webinar looks at who can claim, when to start paying SSP, employees you can claim for, making a claim, keeping records, and more. Choose a date and time
• Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – How to make a claim: This guides you through making a claim, including the essential information you need, what to do before you make your claim, calculating and processing your claim. Choose a date and time
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: step by step guide for employers: A revised version of the guide that is clearer and includes recent additions to the process has been published.
Recorded webinars are also available to help businesses:
• for topics that cover support from HMRC, watch recorded sessions
• for international trade, watch recorded sessions
• for small businesses and changes to reporting, regulation and tax, watch recorded webinars
RESOURCES TO SUPPORT YOUR BUSINESS DURING COVID-19
Please find below our comprehensive list of business support available to help businesses, employees and the self-employed affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
You can go here to find out all the latest information about what funding and support is available for your business, managing your business during coronavirus and business closures. There is also a new ‘support finder’ tool to help businesses easily determine what financial support is available to them during the coronavirus pandemic through a quick and simple online questionnaire. You can find out more about the tool here.
The government has also launched a Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp which is now updated with business support advice. Text ‘hi’ to 07860064422 via Whatsapp and there are business support measures highlighted under option 5 with the relevant links to GOV.UK pages.
Contact the government’s business support helpline for free advice
Phone: FREEPHONE 0800 998 1098 Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
HMRC have online help set up to help businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to coronavirus.
The best way to get help from HMRC on any topic is to contact them online. Alternatively, you can call them on 0800 0159 559.