Brexit: New rules are here
NEW: Receiving interest, royalties or dividends payments from the EU: Guidance has been issued explaining changes to tax deductions from interest, royalties and dividends, following the end of the Brexit transition period. For more information, click here.
NEW: Public-sector procurement: Guidance has been issued with information for public authorities, businesses and other organisations, on public procurement policy. For more information, click here.
Data protection and Copyright law
UPDATED: EU business: data protection and copyright: Guidance on what EU businesses need to do with data protection, intellectual property and copyright in the UK, has been updated with the latest information on transferring personal data to the UK. For more information, click here.
Webinars and Podcasts
• Webinars for organisations that trade with the EU: Click here to view a list of webinars you can sign up to watch live or on demand.
• HMRC customs declarations webinars: have launched multiple editions of this live webinar covering how to complete customs import declarations and explaining how to make import declarations when importing goods between the EU and Great Britain. To register and find a date, click here.
• HMRC webinars: Get help on UK transition with online webinars from HMRC by registering for webinars on:
o Importing: staged controls and how to prepare to use them
o Exporting: actions you need to take to prepare for 1 January 2021
To register, and for more information. Click here.
• The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is hosting a series of free podcasts to help businesses that make, use or supply chemicals, understand what actions they should take as independent GB chemical regimes are now in place. To listen to the podcast, just search ‘The HSE Podcast’ on your chosen platform. Audiences can also register to receive notifications for each episode released, to do so, click here.
• HSE and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) will host a webinar on Wednesday 20 January at 10am. The event will cover the actions businesses need to take now an independent GB chemical regimes is in place. To register, and for more information, click here.
Business Support Helpline
There are new rules for businesses doing business with the EU from 1 January, and you need to take action now. To help you, a helpline has been set up. For English businesses, the Business Support Helpline can help you identify the actions you need to take.
Businesses in England, call 0800 998 1098
For more information, including opening hours, click here.