Business and Operations Manager (part-time) with Love Wimbledon
Love Wimbledon is currently recruiting for a Business and Operations Manager (part-time).
Read the full job description below or download here.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, to Craig Hurring (CEO of Love Wimbledon BID) at email@example.com, by 5pm on Wednesday 16th February.
Love Wimbledon Business and Operations Manager
Type of post: Part time – 28 hours per week
Salary: Circa £26,500, dependent on experience
Employer: Love Wimbledon Ltd
Reporting to: Love Wimbledon Chief Executive
Location: Love Wimbledon office, Wimbledon Town Centre
Term: Fixed to March 2027, with a possibility of extension subject to a successful renewal ballot
About this Role
Love Wimbledon Business Improvement District (BID) is looking for a new Business and Operations Manager. The role provides an essential link between Love Wimbledon BID and the levy-paying businesses that fund much of our work.
The person in the role provides crucial ongoing business engagement in Wimbledon Town Centre with a wide range of organisations. Strong, practical problem-solving skills and a personable approach are essential, as the Business and Operations Manager will work with a range of stakeholders from the public and private sector to enhance and improve Wimbledon for businesses, residents and visitors.
The role is an important position for Love Wimbledon. You will be part of a small but highly motivated team who are passionate about ensuring our work enables Wimbledon Town Centre to recover and thrive again post-pandemic. Whether managing waste collection contracts, enabling better sharing of security intelligence or providing practical support to events developed by Love Wimbledon’s marketing team, you will find no two days are ever the same!
The role is on a 28 hours per week basis, with flexibility between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday with how your hours are allocated. Some weekend work may occasionally be required too, in particular to support operational requirements for large events taking place in the town.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing existing projects and services as outlined incorporating all relevant project processes, communications and outcome reports. These include: Townlink Radio, Littoralis web portal, Pubwatch meetings, service contract agreement monitoring with vendors involved in greening and recycling programmes
- Engaging directly with our businesses, supporting and collaborating with them and associated stakeholders/partners on a day-to-day basis to resolve BID area issues. This includes, but is not exclusive to, Merton Council, the Met Police and public realm contractors working on cleaning, greening and security issues within Wimbledon
- Working with the Marketing team to help support and raise awareness of Love Wimbledon BID’s activities and projects to BID members and relevant stakeholders
- Manage the maintenance of Love Wimbledon installations with appropriate agencies / suppliers
- Operational management of major consumer events organised by Love Wimbledon within the town centre, such as Wimbledon Big Screen Tennis and our Christmas experience.
- Reviewing and monitoring BID services with vendors and relevant stakeholders, such as Merton Council
- Effectively collaborating and working with private and public sector organisations to facilitate the delivery of joint initiatives
- Supporting businesses with guidance on any issues or initiatives raised that are relevant to the BID area and our work
- Deputising for or supporting the BID CEO when required in Operational meetings
- Any other duties commensurate with the role as required by the BID CEO
Essential skills required
- Experience of project co-ordination/management and/or development, including budgetary responsibility, providing reports and evaluation processes, and communicating outcomes
- Excellent verbal and good written communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly in a team, including with representatives from business and public sector organisations
- Persuasive and positive, able to build relationships across a range of seniorities, stakeholders and businesses and their interests
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise a variety of tasks, methodical in approach and possessing a keen eye for detail
- Line management skills and experience
- A strategic and innovative thinker who can spot opportunities and apply ideas operationally
- Personable and confident self-starter, with the ability to tactfully use initiative and take a proactive approach to getting things done
- Experience with Microsoft Office and good general IT skills
About Love Wimbledon
The Love Wimbledon Business Improvement District (BID) became operational on 1st April 2012 and was recently successful in its second renewal ballot in October 2021, with its third five-year term beginning on 1st April 2022. Love Wimbledon is tasked with driving forward a powerful, focused agenda for change in Wimbledon Town Centre to ensure a thriving future for Wimbledon and its businesses as we collectively respond to the challenges of the pandemic. The BID has three core priority areas of focus to support Wimbledon’s business community in the next five years:
- Creating better places, spaces and experiences
- Promoting and supporting our businesses
- Becoming greener and more sustainable
Love Wimbledon is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, with a Board of Directors made up of the local business community.