Merton's Business Network for Climate Action January 2022
“Having a plan for the Climate Emergency is essential for businesses - it helps your “green” credentials, helps your credibility with staff, customers, stakeholders and improves business opportunities”
Diana Sterck, Chief Executive
REGISTER HERE to join this meeting online.
A growing number of businesses are placing the actions they can make in tackling the climate emergency at the heart of their business. Merton Chamber of Commerce, as the organisation representing business and Sustainable Merton as the local, expert environmental charity have come together to support businesses in their journey towards carbon neutrality.
Details about our Guest Speaker will be revealed closer to the date.
We hope you can join us.
Our Business Champions can benefit from:
● Receive a business sustainability checklist - to review “where you are now” and help you determine your actions for the next 6-12 months
● Meet experts who can support you to achieve your action plan
● Share your journey with other businesses and learn from each other
If you would like to be a Business Champion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you in partnership with Sustainable Merton
Sponsored by: Centre Court Shopping Management
This event will take place online via zoom:
The actual meeting will start a promptly.
Please login five minutes before to give you an opportunity to familiarise yourself with Zoom controls. Below are some Housekeeping tips. (Please make sure you send Zoom link to your personal email accounts if company intranets do not support Zoom meetings.) (It may also help you to print off these details).
• Zoom is a great platform. Please familiarise yourself with the functions and please do not be shy to use the Video facility.
• If you login early and do not want to chat you can Mute yourself and Close your Video function until the meeting starts. These are the buttons on the bottom left of the Zoom screen.
• When the meeting starts and all but the speaker’s microphones will be muted. During this time we suggest you go to Speaker View, This is a button at the top right-hand side of the Zoom screen. Please note: the ‘Gallery View’ and ‘Speaker View’ buttons are Go To Page, destinations. (They are not the title of the page you are on.)
• Please use the Chat function, on the right hand side of your screen, to ask questions as they arise during the speaker’s talks – these will be answered at the Q&A session by the Speakers.
• During the Q&A session, if you want to ask a question live and Un-Muted to the panel. Click on the 'Raise Hand' button and we will try and get to everyone. You can submit questions prior to the event via email to email@example.com .
• We maybe taking a Poll during the meeting to see where businesses need more information.
• We will record the event and will also send out details of any information provided by the Speakers after the event.
• Please be civil during the event. These are unprecedented times and there is a huge willingness to help by everyone but we know your pain and how frustrating it can be to wait for others to provide solutions.
Online via Zoom video conference
You may be interested in
View some of our other events in different categories
Merton's Business Network for Climate Action April 2022
Join a network of businesses who are serious about taking action on climate change
Kickstart Workshop: Employability Skills - Workshop Two (March '22)
This workshop is exclusively for Kickstarters